As the CBD industry continues to grow, so does the number of products on the market. For newcomers using CBD for recreational or medicinal purposes, the most common question they have is, what does CBD taste like? The answer: it all depends on the CBD product you choose and whether or not you enjoy the natural flavor of CBD.
WHAT DOES CBD TASTE LIKE?
Some people either love the natural taste of CBD or hate it because of its very unique flavor profile.
Most people describe the natural flavor of CBD tasting “earthy,” “grassy,” or “peaty” with a hint of “nuttiness.” So, if you like greens and earthy flavors with a bitter taste, you’ll probably enjoy the natural taste of CBD. On the other hand, if this description doesn’t sound appealing to you or you have a natural sweet tooth then you might not enjoy the natural taste of CBD.
THE TASTE OF CBD DEPENDS ON HOW IT IS EXTRACTED
Most of the time, the noticeable flavor of CBD depends on how it was extracted. There are three main forms of CBD extraction and each of them of their own taste:
- Isolate CBD: This extraction doesn’t have an “earthy” taste to it; rather, isolate CBD products mainly taste bitter because it consists solely of isolated cannabidiol.
- Broad-spectrum CBD: Broad-spectrum CBD products have a subtle grassy taste, but their flavor profile is slightly different than full-spectrum CBD due to the lack of THC.
- Full-spectrum CBD: Full-spectrum CBD extracted products usually have the strongest CBD taste compared to those above. Additionally, full-spectrum CBD products have trace amounts of THC in them.
If you aren’t sure you’ll enjoy the flavor of CBD, there are, fortunately, some option for you.
HOW TO MASK THE TASTE OF CBD
Aside from buying flavored CBD products, there a few ways to mask the natural taste of CBD:
- Take capsules: CBD capsules are a foolproof way of masking the taste of CBD because it is a convenient and tasteless product.
- Chew minty gum: Chewing minty gum while administering CBD oil or tincture can help mask the taste of CBD because mint can overpower the tastebuds.
- Take edibles: Most CBD edible products are available in a variety of flavors and forms such as gummies, baked goods, and hard candies. However, some edibles come in a size that may require you to divide them into separated dosed pieces, meaning you might receive inconsistent CBD dosages.
- Mix it into drinks: Adding CBD into a variety of beverages could help mask the CBD flavor. Consider adding it to coffees, teas, and smoothies.
HOW TO GET USED TO THE TASTE OF CBD
CBD is definitely an acquired taste for some individuals, and the best way to get used to the taste of CBD is just by taking it on a regular basis.
Just like getting used to drinking coffee or eating certain kinds of seafood, the more you consume it, the more likely you are to forget about the once unpleasant taste of it and be able to enjoy it.
If you still can’t get over the taste of CBD, we once again recommend our flavored CBD tinctures and our CBD softgel capsule.